Friday, 4 April 2014

Week 12: Constant Time Access and Review

This week, we briefly went over constant time access on Monday then did review on Wednesday. I also got back my mark for term test 2. Even with the 3 mark boost I got, I did not do as well as I would have liked. I wish I had spent more time on LinkedLists because even though I understood the examples, I didn't write a lot of the code on my own. I need to practice writing recursive functions, especially ones involving LinkedList, binary trees, and other ADTs.

It's interesting to see other students' take on certain topics in the course because sometimes just the wording, or the example they present, makes it easier to understand. For example, I was having difficulty understanding the lab involving binary search trees, so I looked through the sLOGs and found this one: http://codinginmotion.blogspot.ca/. This person did an overview of rec1, rec2, and rec3 and included code of one of the functions. It didn't even use recursion! For me, sometimes I get caught up in all of the new concepts that we learn in class that I forget my basics. For instance, in exercise 4, we wrote functions for binary search trees, but we had to write it without using recursion. Modelling my function after the given insert function, I was able to figure out e4a and e4b using a while loop for each.

I don't think I personally will be keeping a sLOG after this post, but I will definitely refer back to others' blogs to see their take on each topic. It will help me with studying and my future endeavors in computer science. With that said, it's been a fun ride, CSC148. Now to take on the final exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment