This week we looked into recursion for Step 5 of Assignment #1. In theory, it makes sense to me. I tried running it through the python visualizer, and honestly it was a bit of a mess in my mind. The steps were going all over the place. At least, that's what it looked like. I'm going to go back through simple recursion functions to make sure I understand the concept fully. Even though we did a recursion lab this week, I probably let my partner do more work than I should have. I was able to follow what she was doing, but writing the functions myself is a lot different. I need to be able to write some myself first. Only then will I write the recursive function for four stools.
On Wednesday, we went over namespaces. Words like local, non-local, global, and inner scope come to mind, but I don't know exactly what they mean. I wasn't entirely able to follow what was going on in class, so I definitely need to review that more. Someone else wrote "I learnt from this class that the class readings and lecture notes are so crucial to this course" (from http://endwithcolon.blogspot.ca/, if you're interested). It's a good point, and it seems obvious, but I haven't been keeping up with the course material as much as I did with 108. I really liked the inverted classroom format last semester, and I wish we had that, but I understand that as I advance in my computer science career, there won't always be structure. Maybe the freedom could be good too. It will give me a chance to discover my learning style (although I think I know how I learn best already) and try new things.
No comments:
Post a Comment