This week we looked at Tree ADTs, and I think they helped me better understand recursion. I'm still having a little bit of trouble writing recursive functions myself, but attempting to write functions for pre-order, post-order, and inorder helped me in a couple of ways: first, I practiced writing list comprehensions, and I increased my understanding of recursion.
I think what really helped this week was the lab that we did this week. It was a relatively short lab, but we still took the whole time because we really wanted to take our time to understand the recursion behind the functions.
I am still a little confused about namespaces and scopes, but there was this post on http://aheapofpythons.wordpress.com/ that helped me understand it a bit better. I think I work by myself too much at times. In 108, I did all the assignments on my own, and I always did the worksheets in class on my own. In 148, the only time I ever work with people is during the labs. I've realized that it helps a lot, and now reading other people's blogs, I will definitely make an effort to ask other people for help if I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment